Bechtel data protection
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
3. What types of cookies does www.bechtel-wuppertal.com use and for what reason?
- to optimize the website;
- to collect and analyse statistics;
For some of the points above it’s necessary to capture and analyse our visitor behavior. To realise these purposes we are using the following cookies and related technologies.
3.1 Functional cookies
Functional cookies are cookies that make sure that the website functions properly (e.g. for login or registration purposes, language preferences, shopping baskets, etc.). Logically, functional cookies are first-party cookies. Examples of functional cookies are files which records which products you have put in your cart, log in data or personal data you have entered.
3.2 Analytical cookies
We have installed Google Analytics on our website. We use Google Analytics software to continuously try to measure how many people visit our website and what parts of the website they visit most. This tells us what components of the website draw our visitors’ interest most. The information thus gathered is used for statistics. These statistics provide us with insight into how frequently our webpage is visited, where exactly visitors spend most of their time, etc. This enables us to draft the website’s structure, navigation and the contents as user friendly as possible for you.
3.3 Other cookies
Considering the way the Internet and websites work, we do not always have insight into the cookies that are being placed by third parties through our website. This particularly applies to cases where our webpage contains so-called embedded elements: texts, documents, pictures or short films that are stored at another party, but are shown on, in, or through our website. Therefore, should you come across any such cookies on this website that we have not listed above, please let us know. We will do everything to remove these.
4. How to Turn off cookies on your browser?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and it can affect the user experience on our website. Please see the instructions below to disable the cookies:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure Accept third party cookies is also not set to Never. For more information, see Disable third-party cookies in Firefox to stop some types of tracking by advertisers.
- Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored:
- Keep until:
they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie.
I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
- Close the “about:preferences page”. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
- Tik of klik op het tabblad Privacy en verplaats onder Instellingen de schuifregelaar naar boven om alle cookies te blokkeren en tik of klik vervolgens op OK.
- Select the Privacy tab, and under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies (or the bottom to allow all cookies), and then select OK.
- Select the Chrome menu icon.
- Select Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, select Show advanced settings.
- In the “Privacy” section, select Content settings.
- Select Block sites from setting any data.
- Select Done.